[R] Mac OS X 10.2.8 versus 10.3.4 package load failure

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 18:36:26 CEST 2004

The problem is that you compiled the code with wide characters, and on
your 10.2.8 the support functions are not compiled into the R binary
(which is what I would expect).

As to why you are getting wide chars, I suggest you ask on the R-SIG-Mac
list (https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac), as this
is very specialized.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk