[R] Scanning tab-separated numbers

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D. rbaer at atsu.edu
Mon Mar 1 22:41:53 CET 2004

The problem would seem to be that the Windows GUI does not accept the TAB
key as input.  There is no whitespace between your values to be recongnized.
Take your sequesnce and save it as a tab separated file in Excel or through
Notepad, and you will be able to scan it in just fine using
scan("savedfile.txt")

I am not sure whether this behavior of the TAB key in the interface is
intentional or not, but it is the same on my Windows 2000 machine, yet the
TAB separated file reads in fine with scan().

Rob