[R] partial autocorrelation for Rt vs. Nt-1, ......., Nt-h

Scott Newey scott.newey at szooek.slu.se
Wed Mar 3 10:05:46 CET 2004

Dear list, following a previous querry we are still stuck!

As pointed out by Erin Hodges the "ts" library includes a PACF function
which reports the partial correlation of population density at time t
against lagged population density.

However, what we are trying to calculate is the partial correlation between
rate of population change, Rt=log Nt/Nt-1, against lagged population
densities. Which is the partial rate correlation function propsed by
Berryman & Turchin (1999).

The list archives give show methods for estimating partial correlation for 2
or 3 variables only. Could any list member please suggest how this could be
done for more variables, say Nt-1 to Nt-10.

Thank you,
Scott

Hello Tomas!

There are functions for pacf and plot.acf.

They are in library(ts)

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Erin Hodgess
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: hodgess at gator.uhd.edu