[R] (no subject)

klea lambrou klealambrou at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 06:05:26 CET 2004

   hello R-users.could you please help me on this one?i have 2 vectors x1
   and y1 and both have the same size.i want to use the locpoly function
   from the kernsmooth package in order to estimate a regression
   function.at each estimation i want to leave one observation out,and i
   want my estimation to be at the observation i left out.i tried :

    for (j in 1:length(x1))
   + A<-locpoly(x1[-1],y1[-1],bandwidth=4,gridsize=1,range.x=x1[1])
   Error in rep.default(0, dimfkap) : invalid number of copies in "rep"

   i want the gridsize to be equal to one,and i will choose the bandwidth
   at each time.what am i doing wrong?can you help me?