[R] Interpolation or Kriging

Sebastien Durand sebastiendurand at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 5 18:45:23 CET 2004

Hello!

Here is my problem, I have got a data set that contains values of
intensity over a regular interval of time.
What I need to do is to resample this data set (or curve) at a
different interval of time x (1000 predictions will be made to
resample the curve).
So in order to perform such an operation I am required to do some
kind of interpolation.
I know that through kriging, the interpolation result passes through
the original data points.
I would be very incline to use such methods, but since I am not very
used to work with R, I would like to know which function should I use
and how.
Moreover I don't know if it is feasable, but I am looking for a fast
routine since I got a total of 100000 data sets on which I will
perform the operation just described.

Thanks a lot,
I will anxiously wait for a reply

Sebastien Durand