[R] graphic device MetaPost

Itay Furman itayf at fhcrc.org
Sun Mar 7 20:12:11 CET 2004

The TeX world offers several comapnion systems to typeset
graphics; metapost, xy-pic, and PSTricks are the most powerful,
and have facilities for typesetting data plots. Recently, the pgf
LaTeX package, that can coop with PDF and PS from the same
source, was submitted to CTAN; but it is more restricted than the
others.

>From time-to-time I played with the idea of writing such
mentioned device. The trouble is, that I feel it is beyond my R
and TeX skills (for the moment, at least).
If no one picks up this glove -- then I will attempt this
venture.
If you would like to see such a device(s), and would like to
contribute, maybe we can team up.

To the original poster: could you use the pictex() device
for your needs?

	Thanks,
	Itay Furman