[R] a question on CSV file

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Tue Mar 9 03:24:45 CET 2004

In rereading what I had written there is an error.
The first statement selecting Med as 1 should be as follows:
x[x$Med == 1,]

---
Date:   Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:53:48 -0500 (EST)
From:   Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at myway.com>
To:   <cindy197901 at yahoo.com>, <R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Subject:   RE: [R] a question on CSV file

Note that a CSV file is one in which data elements
are separated by commas. There are no commas in
what you display so I assume that you are displaying
the data after you have read it in, not the CSV file.

If you read a file into a data frame x you can refer to
row i column j of the data frame as x[i,j].

The subset of rows of data frame x with column Med equal to 1 is
x[,x$Med == 1]
or equivalently
subset(x, Med == 1)
See ?subset for more info.

See ?save and ?write

You can plot column heartrate vs. column ex in data frame x
like this:

plot( heartrate ~ ex, data = x )

You might find it helpful to read or re-read the document
An Introduction to R .

---