[R] Different missing links on Windows in 'check' vs. 'install'

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 08:53:26 CET 2004

Note that on Windows only packages in the same library are checked for
links, as on Windows the HTML help cannot link across libraries.  (This is
done under Unix via symbolic links.)

By default check installs in a private library, so you may well see
(correct) reports of missing links under Windows.  You can check an
already installed version, though.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Jeff Gentry wrote:

> Hello ...
>
> Using R-1.9.0 alpha, I'm having some problem getting a few packages to
> pass check under Windows - specifically with the 'missing link(s)' section
> of the package install phase.
>
> I started trying to track down how the missing link was showing up as in
> some cases I could not see why the link was considered missing.  For
> instance, in one package it was looking for 'makeViewers' although when
> the packages is loaded in R, 'makeViewers' is even in the search path (by
> way of a dependent package which was loaded initially).

Not relevant, as this is Perl code and no R process is running.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk