[R] Rcmd BATCH command line arguments

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 08:48:34 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 Benjamin.STABLER at odot.state.or.us wrote:

> I want to run Rcmd BATCH with R_DEFAULT_PACKAGE=base so it doesn't load any
> packages, but it seems to reject this argument because it does not start
> with a '-' or '--'.  Is there a different argument that will work?  Thanks.

It is not a command-line argument!  In Rterm.exe you can set environment
variables this way, but not in Rcmd.exe.  So set the environment variable
R_DEFAULT_PACKAGE>S< to NULL, not base which is always loaded.  See
?Startup for the documentation (which is correct) and the rw-FAQ for how
to set environment variables.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk