[R] Writing Rd files dor package

Michael Mader m.mader at gsf.de
Wed Mar 10 09:56:19 CET 2004

In general, it's advantageous to do a check before the build (R CMD
check mypackage on Linux/UNIX).
R CMD check extensively checks the Rd-formatting and might give you a
hint on what's wrong with your Rd-files.

However, it's quite hard to diagnose problems without having the
problem-causing code/Rd files. Can you reduce one of your Rd-files to a
minimum-length example?

Regards

Michael

Martin Olivier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some problems to write help files for a package. I don't
> understant how to include help
> files in a package that I develop.
>
> I have written the Rd files that I have put in a man directory. So after
> this, I built the package with the command
> R CMD build (for linux) and I obtained my package (I have also used the
> commands  R CMD Rdconv -t txt and
> R CMD Rdconv -t html to convert my Rd files in txt and html files)
>
> I succesfully install the package with R INSTALL and load the library
> with the command library()
> in a R session. But there is  no available help for the functions, enven
> if in the /path/R/library/mypacakge/ directory, there are the
> directories html,  man and help.
>
> I suppose that I have made some mistakes. I read "Writing R Extensions"
> , but  I do not find my mistakes.
> Could you help me.
>
> Best regards,
> Olivier

Michael T. Mader
Institute for Bioinformatics/MIPS, GSF
Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1
D-85764 Neuherberg
0049-89-3187-3576

response time (n.) An unbounded, random variable Tr associated with a
given TIMESHARING system and representing the putative time which
elapses between Ts, the time of sending a message, and Te, the time when
the resulting error diagnostic is received.
	S. Kelly-Bootle, The Devil's DP Dictionary