[R] Sweave and R output: possible to suppress "Schunk" tags in *.tex file output?

Ole F. Christensen olefc at daimi.au.dk
Fri Mar 12 20:04:26 CET 2004

Dear Scott

Why not use the function xtable() in the library of the same name for this ?

Cheers Ole

Hello,

I would like to fill the rows of a Latex tabular environment with output from
R, as in

\begin{table}
  \caption{Table caption.}
  \label{tab:events}
  \begin{tabular}{c r r r r r}
  \hline

<<echo=false,results=tex>>=
fill.my.table.rows()
@

  \end{tabular}
\end{table}

Sweave produces the output inside \begin{Schunk} and \end{Schunk} commands,
which latex doesn't tolerate within a table.  I would prefer to avoid writing all of
the Latex table code from R.  Is my only other option to produce a separate
text file, e.g. under Sweave with results=hide, then use \input{} on the file?

Thanks,
Scott Waichler
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
scott.waichler _at_ pnl.gov