[R] Troubles installing RMySQL on Win2K

Ian Long ian at ianlong.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 21:02:07 CET 2004

What do I need to do to load the RMySQL library on Win 2K using version 1.8.1

I have Mysql v4.0.16 up and running on the local machine with several
databases running fine.

Using RGUI I have loaded RMySQL and an appropriate directory structure has
appeared under
C:\Program Files\R\rw1081\library\RMySQL

I have added C:\Program Files\R\rw1081\library\RMySQL\inst\libs to my path
variable so that libmySQL.dll can be found.

If I type library(), then I see RMySQL in the list of available packages.

If I try and load the library, I get
 > library(RMySQL)
Error in testRversion(descfields) : This package has not been installed
properly
  See the Note in ?library

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,