[R] R CMD check warning on predict.systemfit

Arne Henningsen ahenningsen at email.uni-kiel.de
Tue Mar 16 10:39:39 CET 2004

Hi,

I added a new function "predict.systemfit" to our package "systemfit" to make
it closer to other packages (e.g. lm). Now "R CMD check" complains that the
generic function "predict" has only the argument "object", while our function
"predict.systemfit" has more arguments. However, the function "predict.lm"
has also more arguments and they are almost the same as in
"predict.systemfit". Thus, I think that our way to specify
"predict.systemfit" might be OK in spite of this warning.
What should I do? Can I ignore this warning?
What will Kurt answer when we submit it ;-) ?

Best wishes,
Arne

--
Arne Henningsen