[R] save GUI window position in windows version?

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Mar 17 00:57:26 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:13:11 +0900 (JST), SI <risdpizza at yahoo.co.jp>
wrote :

>Hi,
>
>I'm using windows GUI version.  Is there any way
>to save window position from previous session?Everytime I
>open GUI starts as maximized and I
>have to resize it.

Set up the console the way you want it, then go to

Edit|GUI preferences...

and save them to a file.  If you use the default file, it'll apply
every time you start Rgui.

To do the same for graphics windows, you can set up your own function
and set it to be the default graphics device function.  E.g.

> tinywindows <- function(...) windows(width=1, height=1, ...)
> options(device="tinywindows")
> plot(1,1)
Error in plot.new() : Figure margins too large

Duncan Murdoch