[R] effect size

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Mar 17 03:07:43 CET 2004

>From help(relimp, package="relimp"):

Details:

     If 'set1' and 'set2' both have length 1, relative importance is
     measured by the ratio of the two standardized coefficients.
     Equivalently this is the ratio of the standard deviations of the
     two contributions to the linear predictor, and this provides the
     generalization to comparing two sets rather than just a pair of
     predictors.

Doesn't look like what David want (he's not comparing factor to factor).

Andy