[R] R-business case

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Mar 17 15:02:51 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:41:38 -0800, Spencer Graves
<spencer.graves at pdf.com> wrote :

>      Some web sites have "hit counters".  It should be possible to get
>a counts of the numbers of times different parts of R are downloaded.
>Do the CRAN web sites include any such?

The logs aren't currently available for general viewing, but I took a
look at what we do have, and it shows rw1081.exe (the Windows binary
build of R 1.8.1) being downloaded from the main CRAN site about 28000
times.  Not all of those downloads were successful; they average
around 10 Meg each, and the file is 22 Meg in size.  On the other
hand, traffic to the mirrors isn't included at all.

Duncan Murdoch