[R] R-business case

Frank E Harrell Jr feh3k at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 17 15:36:05 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:20:06 +1100
Jim Lemon <bitwrit at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Haven't there been one or two people who asked list members to submit
> peer-reviewed, published papers in which R was used for the analysis? I
> certainly have sent an email or two like this.
>
> Jim

Just to be provocative, it would be best to state the ultimate goals, then
R users could be of more help.  We have submitted and published articles
using R and are using R in production work on contracts from
pharmaceutical companies.  It's difficult to know from the original note
why we should spend time compiling such data.  Is anyone finding that R
has some deficiencies with respect to their own work?

---