[R] save GUI window position in windows version?

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 02:01:00 CET 2004

SI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply.  But I guess I misfired a
> question.
>
> I want to save the size of _GUI_ window, NOT console
> window.  GUI window is the window with "RGui"

One option to consider is to start R in "sdi" mode.  My shortcut for
R-1.8.1 on WinXP is...

"C:\Program Files\R\rw1081\bin\Rgui.exe" --sdi

Hmmm...  looks like ISO-2002-JP doesn't believe in the usual backslash.
 Substitute a back-slash for \.

This opens only a console window.  Help and graphics windows open as
windows of their own, not sub-windows of the GUI.  See if that helps.

Cheers

Jason