[R] save GUI window position in windows version?

SI risdpizza at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Mar 18 08:36:26 CET 2004

Thanks a ton for your help.  Now I'm totally
an SDI person.

Cheers,

SI

FYI
ISO-2002-JP and us all believe in \, which is our
currency symbol.  We use it in place of a backslash.
For some good reasons, ancient programmers
assigned the same code in US-ASCII for backslash
to \ in JIS X 0201.

>Hi,
>
>thanks for your reply.  But I guess I misfired a
question.

>I want to save the size of _GUI_ window, NOT console
>window.  GUI window is the window with "RGui" written
>on the left of title bar.  Console window is inside
>of the GUI window with "R Console" on its title bar.
>I save my preference of console window in the
>default Rconsole file.

Okay, I understand now.  I don't think that window size is
saved.  I
usually use R in SDI mode (option --sdi on the command
line), so I
don't see that.

If you want to save that window's position, you'll need to
play around
with the R source code (look in src/gnuwin32/rui.c, I
think; or
possibly one of the files in src/gnuwin32/front-ends).  I
think it's
easier to switch to SDI mode!

Duncan Murdoch

-----------
One option to consider is to start R in "sdi" mode.  My
shortcut for
R-1.8.1 on WinXP is...

"C:\Program Files\R\rw1081\bin\Rgui.exe" --sdi

Hmmm...  looks like ISO-2002-JP doesn't believe in the
usual backslash.
 Substitute a back-slash for \.

This opens only a console window.  Help and graphics
windows open as
windows of their own, not sub-windows of the GUI.  See if
that helps.

Cheers

Jason