[R] R-business case

Federico Calboli f.calboli at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 13:53:31 CET 2004

> Just to be provocative, it would be best to state the ultimate goals, then
> R users could be of more help.  We have submitted and published articles
> using R and are using R in production work on contracts from
> pharmaceutical companies.  It's difficult to know from the original note
> why we should spend time compiling such data.  Is anyone finding that R
> has some deficiencies with respect to their own work?

All the analysis I do is done with R, so anything published where I am
in the author list is likely to have been done/revised with R.

The fact than R requires me to know what I am doing is more of an
advantage, IMHO, rather than a shortcoming... from a usability
standpoint I never felt I had any problem I could not deal with after
some thinking, or asking the list.

Regards,

Federico Calboli

--