[R] projection pursuit

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 18:30:37 CET 2004

I don't think anyone has actually answered this.  PPDE is a technical
term, defined in

Friedman, Steutzle and Schroeder (1984) Projection pursuit density
estimation. Journal of the American Statistical Association,
79(387):599-608, September 1984.

I don't know of an R implementation, but have known of S ones (to which I
no longer have access).

If that is not what you mean by PPDE, please give us the reference(s) you
have in mind.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk