[R] Moving to 1.8.1: can you transfer your package list?

Chris Evans chris1 at psyctc.org
Fri Mar 19 12:45:53 CET 2004

I prefer to use R on a linux box and ultimately need things to end up
there to serve things up using David Firth's excellent CGIwithR and
apache, but one step at a time and I've installed 1.8.1 under win2k.
Another question that I'm sure is simple: is there a simple way to
find the list of installed libraries I had in my 1.7.1 installation
and use that to drive install.packages?

I've done it with a rather ugly bit of copy and paste using library()
in the 1.7.1 installation and then using install.packages("xxx") on
each of the package names from the first column of the output from
library().  How should I have done it more elegantly gurus?

TIA,

Chris
PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris at psyctc.org