[R] Multilevel analysis with package lme

Felix Eschenburg Atropin75 at t-online.de
Sun Mar 21 17:59:07 CET 2004

First of all a big thanks for the fast answer.

> Using
> Package: nlme
> Version: 3.1-48
> Date: 2004/01/14
> Author: Jose Pinheiro <Jose.Pinheiro at pharma.novartis.com>, Douglas
>         Bates <bates at stat.wisc.edu>, Saikat DebRoy
>         <saikat at stat.wisc.edu>, and Deepayan Sarkar
>         <deepayan at stat.wisc.edu>
> Maintainer: Douglas Bates <bates at stat.wisc.edu>

how do i get this information ?
<version> gives me only information about R itself.

> The nlme package is a required package and should be installed with
> any binary version of R.  You should not need to install that package
> separately.

Well, i just reinstalled the whole r-package, so normally i shouldn't expect
any errors while trying the examples. I think i will try again to deinstall R
and reinstall it.

> I don't think you could have used that syntax.  You would have needed
> something like
>
>  random = ~ respVar1+...+respVar20| groupingVariable_level2
> and that is almost certainly not what you want to try to fit.  (BTW, I
> think you have written respVar where you meant expVar.)

Yes, i meant expVar