[R] 1.9.0. alpha, namespace and .RData

Kari Ruohonen karruo at utu.fi
Mon Mar 22 18:34:40 CET 2004

I am using Debian package of R (Linux) and it changed recently to 1.9.0 alpha. I cannot load my old datasets (.RData) to 1.9.0 because the loading terminates to error messages like "Error in loadNamespace(name): package 'nls' does not have a name space" as an example. I learned that this may be due to the splitting of the old 'base' to new packages 'base', 'stats' and so on. However, preloading 'library(stats)' doesn't help to solve the problem. Is there a way to tell my old data that the libraries and namespaces have changed or any other way to load the old data?

Thanks, Kari Ruohonen