[R] persp(), axis font size

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 23 02:37:50 CET 2004

Hi

Manuel Morales wrote:
> Is there a way to adjust the font size for axis labels when using
> persp()? The parameter cex works for adjusting the global font size, but
>  I can't seem to make cex.lab or cex.axis work for adjusting these
> values independently. Or, is there a preferred method for making surface
> plots in R?

persp() currently ignores cex.axis, cex.lab (and col.axis and font.axis
...).

Paul

p.s.  For the record, I don't think it would be hard to get persp() to
respond to these parameters;  there are a few lines of code in do_axis
in plot.c (for example, ...

     Rf_gpptr(dd)->cex = Rf_gpptr(dd)->cexbase * Rf_gpptr(dd)->cexaxis;

...) that could be copied into perspAxis in plot3d.c and I think that
would do the trick.
--
Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics