[R] wolfinger microarray normalization

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Mar 24 17:47:49 CET 2004

Joerg Schaber <Joerg.Schaber at uv.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> concerning my earlier mail, maybe someone has noted from the variable names
> that I try to analyse mircoarrary experiments.
>
> Does anybody know of a R-implementation of the two-step mixed-model
> normalization procedure proposed by
>
> Wolfinger et al. (2001) J. Comput. Biol. 8:625-637?
>
> That would be great,

I don't believe that there is a package that will do it.   Perhaps the
new version of LME will assist, but if I remember correctly, the
problem is the size of the computations for most modern gene
expression array technologies (if you had a big enough machine...).

There are some good things about SAS, and its handling of large scale
computations still can't be matched well by R.  Whether this feature is
appropriately used in all applications is another issue.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}