[R] Using R's LAPACK & Related files in Visual C++

Greg Tarpinian sasprog474 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 05:24:47 CET 2004

I am a relative newcomer to both the R and C/C++
software worlds -- I'm taking a C Programming class
currently.  I noticed the other day that the

C:\Program Files\R1_8_1\src\include\R_ext

directory on my WinXP box has the header files

BLAS.h
Lapack.h
Linpack.h
RLapack.h

I am interested in (perhaps) using one or more of
these
header files in a straight C program I'm working on in
Visual C++ .NET.  (I need matrix inversion, svd,
generalized inverse, Cholesky decomposition, and a few
other matrix features for a class project and this
is the first time I've ever worked with header files.)
 My attempts to get the freely available
CLAPACK3-Windows.zip on

http://www.netlib.org/clapack/

to work have failed miserably, hence my interest in
finding other freely available libraries!  Does anyone
know how dependent these R header files are on one
another?  Are they redundant in any way?  Which ones
would be recommended?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated,

  Greg