[R] Novice with trouble running PAN

Patrick S. Malone malone at alumni.duke.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:23:33 CET 2004

I got a suggestion offlist that I go ahead and post my R commands:

lib(pan)
y <- read.table("c:/temp/y.dat", header=TRUE, na.string='.')
subj <- read.table("c:/temp/subj.dat", header=TRUE)
pred <- read.table("c:/temp/pred.dat", header=TRUE, na.strings='.')
xcol <- c(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
zcol <- c(1, 6, 7, 8)
prior <- list(a=1, Binv=1, c=4, Dinv=4)
result <- pan(y,subj,pred,xcol,zcol,prior,seed=3298,iter=1000)

y.dat is a vector with 504 entries on a continuous variable, about 10% of
them missing (.).

subj.dat is a vector with 504 entries -- the second-level ID variables
corresponding to the individual records.

pred.dat has 504 rows and 8 columns -- the first column is a unit vector,
the remainder are dummy codes.  There are no missings; the na.strings was
left over from a prior run.

Thanks,
Pat Malone

--
Patrick S. Malone, Ph.D., Research Scholar
Duke University Center for Child and Family Policy
e-mail: malone at alumni.duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~malone/