[R] stop() vs. error() ?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Mar 26 16:25:09 CET 2004

Please do read the documentation of the functions you are trying to use.
The description in ?stop says:

     'stop' stops execution of the current expression and executes an
     error action.

stop() is how error is flagged in R (and S in general).  If that's not what
you want, try something else.  And the `something else' depends on what you
want, which has not been described in detail.

Andy