[R] How to do the significant test on Local Moran's I

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Mar 26 19:05:30 CET 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, [gb2312] Louis wrote:

> Dear Danlin Yu:
>  I read your message at
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-April/030754.html. Actually,
> I have a question about significant of Local Moran I too. based on it's
> function:
>
>                               Ii = zi [¦²j wijzj],
>
> I wonder how can I calculate it's z-value.

(this refers to function localmoran() in package spdep - maybe it might
help to mention this?)

?localmoran

says that the function returns a matrix with four column. Column 4 are the
z-values (which are (col1 - col2)/sqrt(col3)). How you interpret this will
depend on how many multiple tests you want to do on the same data.