[R] stop() vs. error() ?

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Mar 26 21:20:08 CET 2004

And a closer examination of the help page would lead you to this:

options(show.error.messages=FALSE)
stop()

which is what I believe you want....

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> ivo welch <ivo.welch at yale.edu> 03/26/04 02:23PM >>>

hi andy:  yes, I know what it does.  My suggestion would be to have a
different command, that is a "pure stop" without error condition (with

its message).  A stop and an error are really two different things.

regards, /ivo

Liaw, Andy wrote:
> Please do read the documentation of the functions you are trying to
use.
> The description in ?stop says:
>
>      'stop' stops execution of the current expression and executes
an
>      error action.
>
> stop() is how error is flagged in R (and S in general).  If that's
not what
> you want, try something else.  And the `something else' depends on
what you
> want, which has not been described in detail.
>
> Andy

<snip>