[R] trouble with paste()

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Fri Mar 26 22:44:01 CET 2004

Greetings:

I'm trying to annotate a plot and find that I cannot correctly paste
elements.  When I do this:

text(1.4, 1., paste("conditional density", "\n", "of y, given ",
expression(x == x[0])), adj=c(0.,0.))

The expression is not properly displayed.

Resolving this is not urgent because the workaround is simple:

text(1.4, 1., paste("conditional density", "\n", "of y, given ", sep=""),
adj=c(0.,0.))
text(2.3, 0.94,expression(x == x[0]), adj=c(0.,0.))

Still, it'd be more convenient if I could learn to do it correctly.

Any help?

Thank you.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  503-217-5849
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com