[R] Dopt program!

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Mar 28 09:41:02 CEST 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Xianggui QU wrote:

> Does anybody have a workable dopt program in R to generate D-optimal
> designs. I downloaded dopt.zip from stat homepage of the university of
> oxford, whenever I load it into R and try to run, the following error
> comes: Error: couldn't find function "Dopt".

Eh?  There is no such file on our homepage!  There is a dopt.zip for
S-PLUS <= 2000 at the URL www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/SWin, but none for R on
our server.

I don't know how to `load dopt.zip into R': you can only load() R save
files.

> Any information will be highly appreciated!

Try reading ReadMe files in the directories you chance upon.  You must be
careful not to blame other people for your carelessness.

I guess you are using Windows (since you don't think it necessary to tell
us).  There is an R port of that S code on CRAN at

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Devel/

but note it is source code, and you will need to install it: see the
rw-FAQ if you are indeed using Windows.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk