[R] How to purchase R on CD

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Mar 29 19:52:20 CEST 2004

If you can use Linux, you can buy a Quantian CD from cheapbyte.com for
$4.99, I believe.  Quantian is a `live' CD:  You pop it in the CD drive,
boot up the computer, and voila, it runs Debian Linux right off the CD,
without touch the hard drive.  Quantian has R and a whole suite of other
quantitative analysis software on it.  You can find info at
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html.  (Thanks, Dirk!)

Andy