[R] DataEntryWindow

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 30 20:22:44 CEST 2004

When I originally posted my question under ( C-c C-c does not kill data
editor), I thought that it was a problem with ESS rather than R. However,
I have tried to do the same from a command line R (R 1.8.1 (2003-11-21).
on a debian  testing i386 machine) and I got the same problem.
Specifically I cannot kill the DataEntryWindow by issuing C-c (control c).
However, unless I issue the C-c command the data.frame will be printed on
the buffer when its killed  with the mouse.  moreover, I need to refresh
the screen everytime I  tab away from the dataentrywindow in order to be able to view
its content again ( C-l).

I issued the following commands.

edit(as.data.frame(matrix(rnorm(100), nrow=10)))
C-c

The DataEntryWindow is still present but when I manually (by mouse) kill
it, it does not print in the buffer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is what XFree86 -version gives:

XFree86 Version 4.2.1.1 (Debian 4.2.1-12.1 20031003005825
james at nocrew.org) / X Window System
Release Date: 18 October 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-rc1-ac1-cryptoloop i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present