[R] Can R be useful to me?

Luiz Rodrigo Tozzi tozzi at cptec.inpe.br
Wed Mar 31 13:32:49 CEST 2004

hi

My name is Luiz Tozzi and I have an aplication of R in mind but I dont know if
it works.

I've got a UNIX DEC machine here in my work and I have to generate statistical
graphics and tables in GIF. We use to generate them in Excel sheets, importing
our data to a Windows computer.

My question is: can I generate graphics and tables in gif ou any graphical
format through shell script?? can I call R, run a package in my ascii data e
then export the results to a gif, png or whatever?

Depending on your answers I'll learn R to do this kind ok task.

thanks in advaced,

   Luiz Rodrigo L. Tozzi
    METOP -- CPTEC/INPE

    tozzi at cptec.inpe.br