[R] RWinEdt, R.profile and version 1.9.0

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sat May 1 13:39:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have just upgraded from the 1.8.1 to  the 1.9.0 version of R, and have some trouble to run RWinEdt from the .Rprofile file (in the
user folder). The script is:

library(MASS)
library(lattice)
cat("Load editor?(y/n default = y): ")
nf <- as.character(readLines(n = 1))
if ((nf=="y")|(nf=="Y")|(nf=="")) {library(RWinEdt)}
rm(nf)

When run at start, this prompts:

Load editor?(y/n default = y): y
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : couldn't find function "winMenuAdd"

and the WinEdt is not started.

However, if I run

> library(RWinEdt)

from the gui.exe interface, everything goes well.

How can I manage with this "Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : couldn't find function "winMenuAdd" generated by a call to
library(RWinEdt) in the .Rprofile script?

Patrick Giraudoux