[R] report, installation of Fedora 1 RPM on Core 2 test 3

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Sun May 2 17:51:18 CEST 2004

The installation of R was trivially easy with the RPM for Fedora
Core 1.  The only trick was to use the tck and tk RPMs from Core
1.  Then up2date will complain about them being out of date, but
you can exclude these from up2date's domain.  I also used blas
from Core 1, but then I updated it and yum did not complain.  (It
did when I tried to update tcl and tk.)  So I suspect that the
new version of blas is fine.

FWIW, I really like this new version of Fedora.  Of course, I
expected lots of problems installing it on a Dell Inspiron 9100
(very new model with the latest and greatest of everything), and
I'm having some, but slowly solving them (and filing bug
reports).

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/