[R] How to use multiple versions of a R library?

lutz.thieme@amd.com lutz.thieme at amd.com
Tue May 4 10:38:58 CEST 2004

Hello everybody,

is there a possibility to install and use multiple versions of a R library
at the same time?
A few words regarding the background of this question:
If I change functions of an already developed package, I have to
verify complex functions in a lot of R applications. So it would be useful
to use different versions of a function/library and switch to the newer
function/library application by application to avoid crashes. I know that
the library function has an argument "version", but finally I don't know
how to install and use different versions at the same time.
Any ideas and hints are appreciated - thank you in advance!

	Kind regards,

	Lutz

	Lutz Thieme
	Product Engineering
	AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
	M/S E22-PE, Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101
	D-01109 Dresden, Gemany
	phone:	+ 49-351-277 -  4269
	fax:		+ 49-351-277-9-4269