[R] Seeing the definition of a function

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Tue May 4 15:31:34 CEST 2004

confint is generic so it does nothing but dispatch appropriate
methods.  If you do methods(confint), you'll see

 > methods(confint)
[1] confint.lm*

     Non-visible functions are asterisked

Typing confint.lm will give you an error because the function is not
exported by the stats package namespace.  But doing
getAnywhere(confint.lm) should do what you want.

-roger