[R] Problems in plot

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed May 5 03:56:06 CEST 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 17:25:00 +0100 (BST), Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>Why did you minize the RGui frame?  Since it is minmized, there is no room
>for any windows, as I believe they are now sized to fit within the frame:
>see the CHANGES file which says
>
>  Changed windows() so that new windows fit within the MDI client
>  area.
>
>So just don't minimize the MDI frame.  (Duncan M might want to revisit
>that code.)

I've removed the test for the size of the frame in the case where the
frame is minimized.  Now for a minimized R it just uses the physical
size of the monitor, as before:  likely giving a window that's too
big, but at least not causing errors.

You can still get the error by making the frame really small (but not
minimized), but I'd say that's reasonable behaviour.

Duncan Murdoch