[R] anyone know how to combine two vector with some # overlaped?

Mike jianqings at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 05:14:40 CEST 2004

Hi, there,

Suppose I have two vector say x=c(1 2 3 4 5) and y=(2
3 6 7). Then I want to combine these two vector
together and get z=c(1 2 3 4 5 6 7) with 2 and 3 only
appear once. I want to extend this one to a general
case(say more than 100 elements in x and y and each
time I don't know which elements are the same). Do you
happen to know how to do this and which command should
use?

Thank you very much. Please reply to this email. Any
kind help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike