[R] R on Windows Hangs on Packages Built from Sources

James Chapman james-chapman at uiowa.edu
Thu May 6 04:55:46 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am currently having the following problem with R 1.9.0. Any package that
contains C or Fortran code hangs after I have built it and load it into R.
I've tried this with RMySQL and udunits, originally I thought I had done
something subtly wrong in configuring these packages; but I just had the
same problem with a simple example R package that I wrote. I was able to
build and load the package on a Linux system at school so I figure I've,
hopefully, ruled out a programming problem on my part.

The system I'm having the problem on is as follows:
AMD AthlonXP
R 1.9.0 installed from binaries
GCC 3.3.1

Thanks,