[R] cgi/servlets/httpd in R

Christian Lederer christian.lederer at imse.med.tu-muenchen.de
Thu May 6 16:04:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

if found that the easiest way for me doing CGI with R was
using the RSPerl package. So i could do all the CGI related things
in Perl and call R functions from Perl to do the statistics.
You can get RSPerl from http://www.omegahat.org.

If loading the data each time gives a performance problem,
i guess that you could use RSPerl together with fastcgi,
so the R initialization and loading the data would happen only
once. If you try this, i would be very interrested in your experiences.

The RSPerl package is somewhat outdated, but it worked well together
with R 1.6.0 (i didn't try newer versions).

Christian :-)