[R] copying R objects in C

Tamas Papp tpapp at axelero.hu
Thu May 6 16:33:02 CEST 2004

You can tell what a function does by looking at its help page, eg:

?duplicate

There is no such function in R (1.9.0), so I don't see how you came
across that function name.

R performs a deep copy "on demand", and generally you should not worry
about this, just use the assignment operator "<-".

and the "Introduction to R", and the FAQ.

Best,

Tamas