[R] help on ks.test

Trenkler, Dietrich dtrenkler at nts6.oec.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu May 6 17:01:00 CEST 2004

	[Dietrich Trenkler]  There is a Lilliefors-version of the KS-test
	for the exponential distribution. See e.g.

	@ARTICLE{Lilliefors69a,
	  author = {H. W. Lilliefors},
	  year = 1969,
	  title = {On the {K}olmogorov-{S}mirnov Test for Exponential
	           Distribution with Mean Unknown Variance Unknown},
	  journal = {Journal of the American Statistical Association},
	  volume = 64,
	  pages = {387--389},
	  keywords = {Lilliefors Test for Exponentiality; Goodness-of-Fit;
	             Kolmogorov's Test}
	}

	 or

	@ARTICLE{Mason86,
	  author = {Andrew L. Mason and C.B. Bell},
	  year = 1986,
	  title = {New {L}illiefors and {S}rinivasan Tables with
Applications},
	  journal = {Communications in Statistics, Part B--Simulation and
Computation},
	  volume = 15,
	  pages = {451--477},
	  comment = {BIB 2},
	  keywords = {Lilliefors Test; Goodness-of-Fit; Simulation}
	}

	HTH

	Let me stress that the KS-test may not be very powerful.

	 Dietrich