[R] IE5 and the html help function

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 6 17:53:39 CEST 2004

Is it html help or the search in html help (as you mention java)?

If the latter, please read the instructions and follow the link on the
html search page (and if you can't see it, you are not using the current
R).  It is likely you don't have a JVM installed (since I suppose this is
Windows and not MacOS on which you have `IE5').

If the former, then try setting your file associations again, or even
installing another browser (Firefox is highly recommended).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk