[R] IE5 and the html help function RESEND

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at MUOhio.edu
Thu May 6 19:53:03 CEST 2004

I should have specified in my previous email that I have tried Safari
(the Mac internet application) as well as Firefox 0.8 and IE5.2.

I am running R 1.9.0 on Mac OSX 10.3.3.
I have the same problem when I try to use the search engine within the
R help html index page. If I use help.start() to open the index page, I
can then use "?" to search html help pages, but this provides a more
limited access to the help files. This above is true whether I am using
RAqua or R(?) within ESS and Emacs. Hank Stevens

On May 6, 2004, at 11:40 AM, Gross, Kerstin wrote:

> I recently formatted and reinstalled my laptop. Since then html-help
> function is not working properly.
>
> I can open the page, however, searching for any term or opening any
> link
> does not work.
> The Internet explorer just mentions an error on the page if I try to
> open a
> links and instead of searching it reloads the page.
>
> Reinstalling R did not help and now I am not sure if it is the IE, or
> R, or
> the java script. Any idea how I could get the html functions working?
> Thanks!
>
> Kerstin Gross

Dr. Martin Henry H. Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056