[R] scores from multinomial logistic regression

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 7 17:39:09 CEST 2004

Note the coxph docs call these `efficient scores', which helps. However,
what the `score' part of a coxph object gives is not the score for the
addition of a new variable, but for the addition of all the variables, as
I understand it. (You could do repeated fits using init=, but that's not
what you said.)

I am not aware of a good way to do that even for a glm. (Smart people
could make add1.lm do it, I guess.) I would just do likelihood ratio tests
since computation time is unlikely to be an issue these days.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk