[R] Invalid HOMEDRIVE

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Fri May 7 23:47:35 CEST 2004

Jim Stimson wrote:
> Attempting to install the most recent R on a Windows/XP machine, I get
> what appears to be a normal (completely default) installation. Then when
> I attempt to load rgui I get the fatal error message: Invalid HOMEDRIVE.
> Any explanation of the error or suggestions of fixes to files or
> registry would be appreciated.

1) Follow the instructions in the posting guide, which asks you to
search the archives before posting (saves us both time).

2) From there, you'll find
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2004-April/048397.html

Short answer - it's a bug introduced by a Microsoft critical update (out
with the old bugs, in with the new!).

Cheers

Jason